Major Projects Management Office (MPMO) Directive
The CNSC entered, into a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Natural Resources Canada, Environment Canada, Transport Canada, Fisheries and Oceans Canada, Indian and Northern Affairs Canada, the Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency and the National Energy Board (the Parties).
The MoU articulates the commitment of the Parties to work collaboratively to achieve the objectives of the Cabinet Directive on Improving the Performance of the Regulatory System for Major Resource Projects, also known as the Major Projects Management Office (MPMO) Directive.
The objectives of the Directive are to promote certainty and predictability in the regulatory system, avoid regulatory duplication and unnecessary delays in the review of major resource projects, and significantly improve project regulatory review time lines, all while continuing to safeguard the environment.
Read more about this MoU on the MPMO Web site.
Find out more
- Cabinet Directive on Improving the Performance of the Regulatory System for Major Resource Projects
- MPMO Web site
- MPMO Tracker
For more information
- Government-Wide Forward Regulatory Plans
- The Cabinet Directive on Regulatory Management
- The Red Tape Reduction Action Plan
- The Canada-United States Regulatory Cooperation Council
- Date modified: