Document History of Draft RD/GD-360 version 2, Long-term Operation Management of Nuclear Power Plants
Status: Period for providing feedback on the comments ended on December 3, 2012.
- December 3, 2012: Period for providing feedback on the comments received has closed.
- November 15, 2012 to December 3, 2012: Invitation to provide feedback on the comments received during consultation is open for 15 business days. View comments received during consultation and invitation to provide feedback on these comments. Note that the comments are posted in the language in which they were received.
- November 2, 2012: Additional consultation has ended.
- August 14, 2012: Consultation period is extended to November 2, 2012. Read the consultation version of the document, along with Information Bulletin 12-36 for further details.
- Documents GD-360 and RD-360 version 2 are converted to RD/GD-360 version 2
- July 16, 2012 to September 13, 2012: Additional consultation. Invitation to comment on the revised draft document is posted on the CNSC Web site for a 60-day period. Read the consultation version of the document along with Information Bulletin 12-29 for more information. Also, see the comments (GD-360 - RD-360) received from public consultation (note that comments are posted and answered in the language in which they were submitted).
- October 28, 2011: Feedback period ended. No comments were received.
- October 14, 2011: Feedback period. Invitation to provide feedback on the comments received during the consultation is open for 10 business days. View the comments received during consultation and the invitation to provide feedback on these comments. Note that the comments are posted in the language in which they were received.
- September 19, 2011: Consultation has ended.
- July 15, 2011 – September 19, 2011: Consultation - an invitation to comment on the draft document was posted on the CNSC Web site for a 60-day period. View Information Bulletin 11-11 for more information.
RD-360 version 2 sets out the requirements of the CNSC regarding activities a licensee must undertake in support of a project for long-term operation or to prepare for the end of operation of a NPP leading up to its decommissioning. Long-term operation of an NPP denotes operation beyond the assumed design life of the plant. End of operation is the final, permanent shutdown of reactor operation of an NPP or unit of a multi-unit NPP facility.
RD-360 version 2 will supersede RD-360, Life Extension of Nuclear Power Plants, after it receives final approval by the Commission Tribunal and is published. Publication of RD-360 version 2 is planned for Spring 2013.
- Review of comments received during the additional consultation, and revision of the draft regulatory document
- Presentation of draft RD-360 version 2 to the Commission Tribunal for final approval
- Once approved, publication of RD-360 version 2
Relevant laws and regulations
For questions or information directly related to RD-360 version 2, please contact:
Directorate of Power Reactor Regulation
Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission
P.O. Box 1046, Station B