The Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission’s (CNSC) jurisdiction is outlined in the Nuclear Safety and Control Act. Some activities do not always fall under federal jurisdiction, such as exploration for uranium mining or provincial energy choices. This is not a complete list of all provincial and territorial ministries. Provinces and territories are listed alphabetically, with their relevant ministries.
- Alberta Environment
- Ministry of Environment
- Manitoba Conservation
- Department of Environment
Newfoundland and Labrador
- Department of Environment and Conservation
- Environment and Natural Resources
- Nova Scotia Environment
- Infrastructure Ontario
- Ministry of the Environment
- Ministry of Energy
- Ministry of Public Infrastructure Renewal (PIR)
- Ontario Power Authority (OPA)
- Ontario Energy Board (OEB)
Prince Edward Island
- Développement durable, Environnement et Parcs
- Ressources naturelles et Faune
Please note: Links to Web sites not under the control of CNSC are provided solely for the convenience of users. CNSC is not responsible for the accuracy, currency or the reliability of the content of those sites. CNSC offers no guarantee in that regard and is not responsible for the information found through these links.
Users should be aware that information offered by non-Government of Canada sites, to which the Official Languages Act and certain other requirements may not apply, may be available only in the language(s) used by the sites in question.